Welcome to the PARPG project tracker
What is PARPG
PARPG is the working title of an open source isometric 2d roleplaying game that has been in active development since February 2009.
The purpose of this tracker
The PARPG project tracker utilizes the Python-based Trac issue tracking system. Trac shares similarities with common bugtrackers but provides additional useful functionality that eases the development process for developers and community members.
What kind of functionality is used
The following Trac features are actively used by the PARPG team:
- Timeline: tool to visualize all project activities that are monitored by the tracker: e.g. SVN commits, milestones and tickets.
- Roadmap: an overview over all defined milestones as well as all tickets that are associated with them.
- Browse source: an excellent SVN browser. Coloured diffs, revision comparision, file viewer.
- View tickets: a ticket browser. Lists tickets and gives you plenty of options to search for them with different parameters / filters.
What kind of functionality is NOT used
Trac provides a bunch of additional features that we are not using for different reasons:
- Wiki. We're already using a mediawiki-based solution where all relevant project information for developers but also for community members resides. Therefore we're not using the built-in Trac wiki but the one at: http://wiki.parpg.net
- Discussion. Trac comes with the option to utilize a forums-like discussion functionality. As we're already running our own smf-based forums, we won't rely on Trac discussion but use this one: http://forums.parpg.net
- Blog. Trac can be used in combination with a blogging plugin. It's rather limited features-wise and therefore we stick to our Wordpress blog: http://blog.parpg.net
Important information for filing tickets or adding comments to tickets
- Don't use default 'anonymous' as name to send in tickets or comments. Rather use your nick, real name or even better your email address so we can get back to you in case the are questions about sent in tickets or comments.
- You can use hyperlinks in tickets and comments if necessary, but this will trigger the anti spam plugin and you'll have to enter the shown captcha correctly before the ticket / comment gets through.
Get started with Trac
In case you're not familiar with Trac yet but would like to know more about the software and how to use it, the following links are good starting points: